App store is the digital distribution platform for dockerized applications running on devices. It supports users to view, search, deploy, and monitor applications on end devices.
- The following are the major function modules:
Public & Private App¶
Private: The App is only visible to and maintained by the owner.
Public: The App is visible to every user.
If an App needs to be changed from private to public, the owner of the App should be responsible for the quality assurance.
Get Available Apps¶
EdgeScale Software Store on the top navigation bar.
App Marketto view public Apps list page.
My Appto my Apps list page.
Add App in
App Market >
Add to My APP to add one App from
View and Edit App¶
Click an App’s name to view the details of the App in
Market, or edit the App in
App permissionto configure if the App would be visible to other users.
Apply for a public store: Enroll the App into EdgeScale public App store with justification.
- Click App Documents to edit App documents.
Editto update the basic configuration of the App.
Addto add more docker run arguments.
Create App button to create a new App.
All the fields marked with “*” are mandatory.
Step1: Input the basic info.
- App Name (mandatory): The name for the App
- Description: The description for the App
- Upload Icon: Upload the App’s icon
Step2 : Input the configuration info.
- Registry (mandatory): Select the registry for the App container
- Image Name (mandatory): The image name for the App container
- Version (mandatory): The version of the App container
- Commands: Shell commands, like “/bin/bash -c”, etc.
- Arguments: Command arguments
- Host Network: Connect a container to a network
- Host Port: Container host port
- Container Port: Container port
- Host Path: Container host path
- Mount Path: Container host path
- Cap Add: Add Linux capabilities
submit button to create the App.
My App >
Delete to remove an App out of
1. Deploy an App to device¶
Edge Software Store >
App Store >
My App >
- App Version: Choose the App’s version
- More Arguments: Specify the “docker run” command arguments for deployment
- Devices: Choose devices
- Deploy App: Deploy the App to devices
Deploy button to begin the deployment, then go to the task page.
2. Deploy an App to group devices¶
Smart Connect >
Select one or more Apps.
Deploy, then Apps selected will be deployed to every device in this group.
3. Deploy Apps from task template¶
Smart Connect >
In this new page, we can preview and edit the template.
Deploy to create a new deployment task, then switch to task page to view the latest deployment status.